Saving our seas.
Meet musician and conservationist Jack Johnson's OCEAN HEROES, the inspiring change-makers I interviewed and now profile in my new feature for Coastal Living Magazine! They are:
* Scientist Marcus Eriksen and activist Anna Cummins of 5 Gyres Institute
* Urban architect (and recent MacArthur Genius Grant recipient) Kate Orff
* Scientist and whale expert Asha de Vos
* Heal the Ocean citizen activist Hillary Hauser
* Researcher and anti-plastics advocate Kristal Ambrose
* Lonely Whale Foundation founder (and actor) Adrian Grenier
* Sustainable Chef Edward Kenney
* Bye Bye Plastic Bags teenaged leaders (and sisters) Melati and Isabel Wijsen
* Legendary family and ocean protectors, Jean-Michel and Celine Cousteau
* Hawaiian seafaring wonder Nainoa Thompson
Perhaps out of anything I've ever written and published, this story feels the most important—I hope it educates as it makes an impact among everyday Americans, who might begin to ask themselves: "When I throw something away, where, exactly, is 'away'?"
Leave a Reply.